CAARI Student Travel Grant
CAARI Student Travel Awards
Student Travel Awards are given to help students gain the experience and exposure that comes from attending and presenting at CAARI conference. The travel awards are intended to help students defray some of the costs of their attendence.
Any full-time student in good standing is eligible to receive an award. Top priority will be given to students presenting papers or posters at the conference, with second priority to students who are co-authors of papers or posters to be presented at the conference. Only students traveling more than 500 miles to the conference are eligible for an award. You cannot recieve both Conference Assistant and Travel grant, one or the other must be chosen.
Applying for a CAARI Student Travel Award
Submitting your poster or paper for your participation in the conference program is a separate process from applying for a Student Travel Award. Applying for a travel award does NOT submit your paper.
To submit your paper, follow the instruction during registration at https://www.meeting247.com/caari.
An application for a travel award must include:
- Application requesting the travel award and providing the rationale for the request and explaining your interest in attending the conference. If you are giving a presentation at the conference, the statement should include the title of your presentation, the type of presentation.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) that includes your contact information, the expected date (month/year) of the award of your PhD, the institution awarding your PhD, and your advisor's name, and other relevant information including recent publications. In addition, you may provide a URL for a working Web page that expands on the information in your CV.
- The name and e-mail address of your advisor who should be asked to provide a letter of recommendation commenting on your scholarly achievements and potential and on any special circumstances. This letter is required for students. We will send a separate e-mail requesting the letter from your advisor. The e-mail will include instructions on how to submit the letter. You will not be able to directly upload the letter of recommendation as part of the application process. You should submit your application early enough for your advisor to have time to submit the letter of recommendation before the deadline.
All submissions must be in pdf format.
Selection Criteria for Student Travel Awards
- Evidence of active participation in the conference.
- Student’s research should be relevant to the topic/themes of the conference.
- Priority given to those students making a relevant presentation at the conference.
- Student co-authors of papers being presented by another person would have preference over those who are simply attending as an observer.
Please note that only one student per university/company/etc. will possibly be rewarded the travel grant.
To submit an application for travel support to a conference please download, fill out, and follow the instructions in the pdf file at the bottom of the page.